These conditions explain your rights, obligations and responsibilities and those of bestmovesuk.co.uk
- Our quotation is a fixed price. We may change this price if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing our quotation:
- We have to deliver/collect goods above or below ground or 1st floor
- We supply any extra services other than discussed
- Stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of goods
- We cannot get our vehicle to within 15metres of site entrance and access to items in site is greater than 15metres
- Parking or other fees
- There are delays or events outside our reasonable control
- Change of moving date by you to a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday
- Our staff are not qualified or authorised to undertake any work such as furniture dismantling assembling, connecting
or disconnecting of appliances, fixtures, fittings etc. and if agree to do so will be at your liability completely and subject to our rate at £50/hour pro-rata
- It will be your responsibility to :-
- Ensure all small goods are adequately packed in strong stackable boxes/containers if not using our packing service
- Ensure all delicate and fragile surfaces are not left exposed
- Be present or represented throughout the removal
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing to be removed is left behind or taken in error
- Ensure no possessions of yours are left in our vehicles when finally departing
- Advise us prior to our arrival of any facts or circumstances that to your knowledge could increase the time needed to satisfactorily complete your removal
- Make sure any carpets/floor coverings are adequately protected as our staff will be unable to remove their safety footwear whilst carrying out the removal.
4.We reserve the right to charge 50% of the removal cost if we do not receive a minimum of 72 hours notice of cancellation and to charge waiting time if the starting time is delayed by you or your agents within 24 hours of due commencement. Charged at £35 per man/per hour
- We hereby agree to compensate for any loss/damage to your property whilst in the process of your removal subject to the following:
- Damage/loss due to our negligence only where free ,un-restricted movement is possible
- Small goods must be adequately packed/wrapped within boxes/containers
- Electrical mal-function must be as a result of evident physical damage and pointed out by you at the time. i.e Electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument or equipment unless there is evidence of external impact.
- in the event that we damage your goods through our negligence or our breach of contract, we will pay you up to a maximum of £50.00 sterling for each item which is lost or damaged, to cover the cost of repairing or replacing that item. In this respect an item is defined as any one article, suite, pair, set, complete case, package, carton or other container.
- Limitations as stated above
- You must inspect your goods for damage and report any such damage to driver in charge of your removal before we depart your property
- The following items are specifically excluded from this contract:
Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money ,deeds, securities, stamps, coins or collections of similar kind, pianos, data loss -computer systems, plants, livestock any situation wherby goods have to be forced through doorways, stairways etc..
Back to Home Page